Targeted call for interest: International internships for literary managers from the Western Balkan countries
Targeted call for interest
International internships for literary managers from the Western Balkan countries (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia)
➡ Deadline for submitting applications - November 21 2022, Monday
What is the international internships scheme?
The scheme offers short-term placements/job shadowing of literary managers and programmers
to professionals from the eligible countries in another organization anywhere in Europe.
The aim is to contribute to the professional development of both participants and host organisations in a real working environment,
and to their capacity to operate transnationally. The ambition is also to help build new and lasting partnerships across borders.
The scheme will provide up to 10 short-term (7-10 days) placements
to selected participants. The internships will take place between Jan 2023 - July 2023.
The scheme is meant for mid and senior level managers and programmers
selected from the pool of cultural organisations participating in the Balkan Translations Collider Academy
. These include publishers, literary periodicals, grass-root collectives, festivals, and others.
Host organization may be any working in literature and/or publishing
and interested in international collaboration with partners from the Western Balkans. These may be literary agents, literary publishers with a strong translation list, public bodies in literature promotion, international platforms such as book fairs and festivals,
The host organisation must operate in an EU or a Western Balkan country.
Other requirements and conditions
Deadlines and procedure
- All costs related to travel, accommodation and per diem for the duration of the internship are covered by the Balkan Translations Collider project. Host organisations receive a small contribution towards organisational costs;
- Priority will be given to applications from the participants in the Balkan Translations Collider Academy;
- Participants are encouraged to choose/propose a host organization that is comparable in scope and mission to their own organization as well as to describe a concrete theme/idea/project that they will develop during the internship;
- Both the host organization and the participant are expected to strongly commit to the process of working together, to share their expertise and to learn from each other;
- The working language of the internship is English unless otherwise agreed between the intern and the host;
- The detailed programme of the internship is to be specified between the participant and the host;
- Upon return, participants are expected to organize at least one session for sharing experience and information with peers from their country.
Interested participants should send a motivation letter containing:
Note: It is possible to declare interest in the programme without having selected a host organization. In that case, please, outline what kind of host organization you are interested in.
- An outline of the project/idea/aim of the internship and how it relates to their current work or future plans;
- Information on why they have selected the host organization.
Participants will be selected by the project’s Steering Committee comprising senior representatives of each partner organization (Next Page, Goten, POETEKA, municipality of Podgorica, Sandorf
Application and deadline
Application letters should be sent by November 21 2022
(Monday) by email to Yana Genova, project manager at ygenova[at]npage.org
. Do not hesitate to write with inquiries as well.