See also general information About the program
Sofia Literature and Translation House offers two types of creative stays:
- Accommodation, workplace, consultations, professional contacts and publicity on the resident's work;
- Residency fellowship, accommodation, workplace, consultations, professional contacts and publicity on the resident's work;
We welcome residents who:
- Have a permanent residency outside Bulgaria;
- Are professionally engaged in the book and literature sector as writers and/or literary translators from Bulgarian language, publishers, agents, editors or who are students of Bulgarian language/Slavic Studies;
- Want to get to know more about contemporary Bulgarian literature and culture.
Interested in a creative residency stay at Sofia Literature and Translaton House?
If interested in taking a writer's or translator's residency, please, send us:
- A letter of interest (in English, German or Bulgarian)
The letter should outline your professional biography, the aims of your residency stay, preferred period of stay, list of publications as well as any other information you find relevant.
- If applicable, a copy of publisher's contract for the project you will be working on during your residency is to be also attached
For inquiries and letters of interest, please, contact Adriana Ivanova at aivanova[at]npage.org.
Applications for residents are reviewed by the Literature and Translation House's Advisory Council. Application by international translators of Bulgarian literature are considered a priority.
The capacity of the residency programme of Sofia Literature and Translation House for 2023 is full. However, we do accept inquiries for residency stays without fellowships on an ongoing basis that need to be sent to aivanova[at]npage.org.
this is my truth, tell me yours
A performance by Jasna Žmak (Croatia)
➡ November 16, 18:30, Th...
20.10.2023 17:30 CET
More than one Pathway?
Contemporary Balkan Literatures in Translation
➡ Oct 20, 17:030 CET, Fr...