Next Page Foundation is looking to hire an external evaluator
to analyze and assess the execution of its Balkan Translations Collider Project
. The selected expert will accompany the team for the Traveling Academy for Literary Managers’ sessions
(May 2022 in North Macedonia and May 2023 in Albania), will examine the project’s results, and the degree to which it achieves its short-term objectives. The evaluator will produce template for the evaluation with 15-20 qualitative indicators, one mid-term and one final evaluation report.
The Collider is a three-year project, which started January 1st, 2021
and its ambition is to aid the way of literatures, written in the languages of the Western Balkans, into other European languages. The path of a literary work into another language is through translation but instead of focusing on the act of translation and the translator, the Collider is designed to provide tools and know-how to the array of other actors who enable cross boarder literary communication – primary current and future literary managers.
Within its lifespan the project is set to achieve a number of short
-term goals and objectives. The task of the external evaluator will be to assess how well the partnership manages to realize them.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of them:
The external evaluator is expected to fulfill the following tasks and objectives:
- Develop and apply a collaborative, international, peer -to-peer capacity building model for literary managers that is replicable in the future;
- Explore alternative techniques and approaches in presenting and promoting literature abroad;
- Build a network of managers from different generations and countries;
- Allow key literary managers from the region to get direct practical experience in the operation and functioning of similar organizations across border;
- Offer and disseminate widely a reliable, evidence-based overview of the current presence of Balkan literatures in Europe;
- Offer a blueprint, strategies and tools for a new kind of foreign literary policy;
- Create conditions for a dialogue and coordination between the independent sector, cultural industries and the public sector around the common mission in promotion of literature.
- Develop a methodology and indicators for the evaluation;
- Develop an external evaluation report of between 40 and 50 pp;
- Participate in key project events, namely the Traveling Academy for Literary Managers (North Macedonia 2022 and Albania, 2023);
- Evaluate the quality and feasibility of the project in terms of its goals and objectives;
- Assess the quality and effectiveness of the implementation of the project and its activities;
- Offer advice and constructive analysis and guidance for bettering the implementation of the project, especially with regards to achieving its goals and objectives;
- Provide recommendations and formulate lessons learned/conclusions;
- Assess the satisfaction of participants in the Travelling Academy for Literary Managers;
- Review results and assess the effectiveness of Steering Committee meetings and partner meetings;
- Assess the project results and evaluate their effectiveness and worth in achieving the project’s overall goals;
- Review and assess the quality of the budget with respect to the project’s results, activities, objectives, etc.;
- Review and assess the changes (if any) of the original plan and the effectiveness, efficiency and timeliness of the decisions.
Working language: English
- The timeline for the evaluation starts on March 1st 2022 and ends with the completion of the project on December 31st 2023;
- The evaluator will produce one report due before the end of the project. A final draft before final edits, proofreading etc. should be completed no later than 30st September 2023.
How to apply:
- To apply, please, send your resume reflecting on your experience and competences in the field to jrafailovich[at]npage.org;
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted;
- Deadline: February 21st 2022.
Plainly visible - Photographs of Translators
Conversation with Anja Kapunkt
➡ Saturday, July 24,...
24.09.2020 - 27.09.2020
Literary translation workshops, lectures, discussions, practical modules, networking
The second S...